TITLE: Proposal/Technical Writer
DEPARTMENT: Sales and Marketing
REPORTS TO: Sales and Marketing
STATUS: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Proposal/Technical Writer is responsible for assisting the Federal Business Development Team with writing, editing, and proofreading content for federal proposals. Day to day tasks include reviewing solicitations and writing compliant and well-thought-out proposal responses. This position will involve developing win themes and technical strategies to write winning proposals.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Information Technology is preferred. Relevant experience accepted in replacement of a degree. A minimum of three (3) years of proven past experience in technical proposal writing experience is a must. A strong technical understanding of cloud, cybersecurity and cyber compliance is preferred. Ideal candidate should have technical understanding in other fields of information technology. Strong understanding of federal acquisition process and the ability to write dozens of pages of technical content is a plus.
Must have excellent planning skills, be highly organized and detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing environments and priorities. Must be able to work with minimal directions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the Federal Business Development Team with achieving our goal of writing 4-8 proposal responses every month.
• Responsible for formatting and reviewing the compliance of proposals.
• Responsible for proposal writing, content editing, and assisting with marketing material.
• Assist the Business Development Team with tracking federal opportunities.
• Responsible for creating a repository of written content.
• Responsible adding content to CRM tool Hubspot.
• Skilled at MS Office Suite and Adobe Pro/Publisher
• Skilled at Content Writing and Proposal Writing
• Knowledge of IT Marketing Strategies
• Knowledge of Digital Marketing
• Knowledge of Cyber Security, Cloud and Compliance
• Able to translate technical information for non-technical audiences.
• Able to set expectations and respond to business needs in a complex environment.
• Able to leverage facts and data when approaching problems and considering both the customer’s perspective as well as the enterprise’s perspective while focusing on overarching goals and objectives.
• Able to multitask, perform and deliver results as both part of a team and independently.
Salary Range: $60,000 – $90,000
To apply send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include the position title in the email subject line.