TITLE: Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
REPORTS TO: Senior Partner of Cybersecurity and Compliance
STATUS: Full Time
The Senior Security Engineer utilizes a body of technologies, processes and practices to protect the internet-connected systems such as hardware, software and data from cyber-threats.
A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science with an emphasis in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance or similar is preferred. Relevant experience accepted in replacement of degree or emphasis. Five plus years of experience in Information Technology is a must. Hold a CISSP certification or willing to obtain is a must.
Has strong knowledge of Security Operations Center technology at an organizational and technical level. Has experience at incident detection, incident response and forensics, and firewall functionality and maintenance.
Must have excellent planning skills, be highly organized and detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing environments and priorities. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work productively and meet benchmarks and goals in a timely fashion. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills is required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or proven record of success as a team leader.
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex network security incidents, to include packet capture, analysis, and log review.
• Solves complex technical problems through engineering, including requirements analysis, design, development, implementation and testing.
• Demonstrate Security Risk Assessment for firewall rule implementations.
• Manages documentation for perimeter security environments.
• Collaborates with multiple stakeholders across functional and technical skill sets.
• Demonstrates relationship and team building skills that foster an inclusive and collaborative environment for stakeholders and team members.
• Collaborates with design and build engineering teams to establish maximum capability of security solutions to be achieved in the run state.
• Skilled at critical thinking.
• Skilled at navigating a matrix organization.
• Knowledge of Azure NSG, Load Balancer, UDR configuration and troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of security technology operational industry standards.
• Knowledge of Palo Alto administration as well as design and implementation of industry leading practices.
• Able to set expectations and respond to business needs in a complex high-pressure environment.
• Able to leverage facts and data when approaching problems and considering both the customer’s perspective as well as the enterprise’s perspective while focusing on overarching goals and objectives.
• Able to multitask, perform and deliver results as both part of a team and independently.
Salary Range: $90,000 – $130,000
To apply send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the email subject line.